Oregon Tool’s Scholarship Program began in 1981. Today, we continue to promote and support higher education by providing a scholarship program to assist the children of Oregon Tool Team Members with the ever-increasing cost of tuition, books and fees as they pursue a college degree.
The Oregon Tool Scholarship is a four-year renewable academic scholarship open to students in their final year of high school who will enroll in accredited institutions of higher education. Scholarship recipients are eligible to receive $2,000 each for their first four years of college, to apply toward their school expenses.
We are very proud of our previous scholarship recipients who have studied in a variety of fields, including engineering, pediatrics, education, forestry management, nursing, dentistry, finance, biochemistry and international studies, to name a few.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Children of Vice Presidents and above are not eligible to apply.
- The program is open to children of all U.S. Oregon Tool Team Members.
- The student must be a legally dependent child of a full-time U.S. Oregon Tool Team Member. This means the Team Member has legal custody of the student, pays legal child support, and/or legally claims the child as a dependent on his/her tax return.
- The Oregon Tool Team Member must be on the active payroll with continuous service of one year or more prior to the application deadline date to qualify as full-time.
- Students must be in their final year of high school with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- The student must enroll in an accredited institution of higher learning no later than the fall term immediately following high school graduation.
Scholarship Program Questions
If you have questions about the Oregon Tool Scholarship Program, contact Julie Hugo in Oregon Tool’s Portland Human Resources office, by phone at (503) 653-4511 or email at [email protected].