Environmental, Social & Governance
We’re making the world a better place.
You’ll find it in our vision, and you’ll see it in our actions. At Oregon Tool, Inc. we acknowledge the importance of supporting Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues, and we are committed to serving a higher purpose than the products we make. We’re not new in this pursuit, as shown by our 75-year history of global stewardship and community involvement. From The t.r.e.e. Initiative, to our various Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives, we’re excited to share with the world all the ways we’re making it better for current and future generations.
Environment: Seeding the Roots of Our Future
Since day one, global stewardship has been at the heart of our business. We are dedicated to sustainability and making a positive impact on the world’s people, communities, and landscapes. How are we living out our dedication? Visit The t.r.e.e. Initiative to read all about our global program focused on training, recovery, education, and environment.
We’ve also partnered with Tree-Nation, a leading non-profit dedicated to reforesting the world. They’re on a mission to plant one trillion trees by 2040, and we are proud to help them with this important mission. Click below to visit our Oregon Tool, Inc. Global Forest and follow along on our journey to plant 75,000 trees in honor of our 75th anniversary.Visit the t.r.e.e. Initiative
Social: We’re Sharper Together
At Oregon Tool, Inc., we recognize that people make the company, the community, the place. Now more than ever, it’s important for organizations to act on and invest in improving the lives of their people and communities. Here are some ways we’re making a difference:
- We have partnered with Women in Manufacturing to provide resources and community to our women Team Members.
- We have partnered with The Posse Foundation to conduct DEI trainings across our organization.
- We offer a paid Community Involvement Day for all of U.S Team Members. Team Members are encouraged to give back to their community by volunteering with a registered 501(C)3 nonprofit.
- In its 40 year history, our annual Scholarship Program has opened the door to higher education for over 140 of our Team Member’s children.
- We believe everyone should have access to higher education if they choose, and that’s why we offer Educational Assistance to our Team Members seeking higher education certificates, degrees, and training.
Governance: Doing the Right Thing Since 1947
Through our Code of Conduct and a deep-rooted desire to conduct equitable business practice, we hold ourselves to the highest standard.
We maintain this standard by providing our Team Members with trainings on everything from Anti-Corruption to Trademark law. In addition, we have an ethics hotline that Team Members can use to report suspicious activity. We also require all Team Members to annually review and commit to honor our robust Code of Conduct. Through these actions, we foster an environment that enables our Team Members to operate at the highest caliber.